Tuesday, July 2, 2013

1919 - Shadrack & My Grandfather's Experience.

Umm, I'm really trying to figure out what is wrong with Shadrack's hands. I really don't believe that his hands are cut off or chopped off. I think he just has PTSD from fighting in the war. I vividly remember my grandmother and telling my brothers and I about how when my grandfather came back from fighting in the Vietnam war, he had all these stories to tell and he would still tell us different stories to this day. He would wake up in the middle of the night. Maybe 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning and just start jumping and flailing around. When a plane would fly over our heads out in the backyard he would dive to the ground and tell everyone else to do the same because he thought that there were bombs about to be dropped over us. We would all just look at eachother like, "What is he doing?". I honestly dont know how my grandmother put up with all of that. I would've probably left his ass cause the pressure would just be too much. I didnt like that Shadrack got locked in jail either because the police thought that he was intoxicated when he really wasnt...I hate when stuff like that happens in books. It makes me mad because there's nothing you can do about it cause IT'S A BOOK! (or movie) but yeah. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment