Friday, July 5, 2013
1923 - I understand both sides of the field.
I understand where Eva was coming from when Hannah asked did she love them and Eva took offense. Eva did all she could to keep her children alive with only $1.54 and three beets to her name. Even though Eva didn't play with them growing up, that doesn't mean she didn't love them. I would've felt the same way Hannah did too though. If I wasn't getting any attention from my mother growing up, I would've thought there was something wrong with me or that she didn't like or love me. Being a mother is more than just making sure that her children have something to eat or that they have clothes on their backs. The love, affection, and care also plays a role in parenting. Children absolutely NEED that growing up or they will feel unwanted or that no one cares for them. That may be the reason Hannah grew up to be a whore. She wants that attention that no one else was there to give her. Her father left them at a very young age, and her mother never showed signs that she REALLY loved them. What is she supposed to think? I feel like Sula is crazy as hell and she should've helped her mother while she was laying there burning. That's some devil shit. I don't care if she was on her period or whatever, that's going way too far. I would be pretty upset if I heard my mother say she didn't like me too but I wouldn't...well I really cant say what I would do. I cant even imagine hearing my OWN mother say that she didn't like me...She's all I have. I know I wouldn't watch her burn though. Id just not speak to her at all and strongly dislike her. Maybe even have a little hate for her. These situations are very deep and I really don't know how to answer because had I been put into these situations, I wouldn't be able to handle it. Id break down. Id be in a dark room in the corner somewhere rocking back and forth lol I don't know. Its difficult to say. Hopefully Sula gets her shit together though cause she on some other shit. And she would've got her ass beat by now had I been Eva OR Hannah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment