Monday, July 22, 2013

Research Today

Today's research was challenging for me. I felt like I couldn't find the books that I was looking for, the online research went pretty well though. Its very easy to find sources and articles online that relate to your topic. Looking through the different types of books in the library was nerve racking and it made my eyes hurt. I'm not used to looking up actual reference books to research things so that was very out of the box for me. Had I started looking sooner, I probably would've found some good finds but other students got to the good books with all the good information before I did. But the ECSU school website was extremely helpful in finding online articles and such. All I had to do was type in major keywords of what I was looking for and everything just popped up. Everything I needed was in front of me. I am very picky when it comes to choosing my sources and so I don't write down any and every source that I see unless I know that it relates to my topic at least 80%. Making sure that I'm not writing about blabber and rambling about things that have nothing to do with my paper is one of my weaknesses in writing and so that's something that I'm trying to work on. I think the first step to that is to do good research and pick out sources that relate specifically to the topic at hand. This is preparing me for what the real college experience is going to be like when I have to write long papers and research my information though so I'm really not complaining. It's very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment