Tuesday, July 2, 2013
1920 - Looking in the mirror and actually liking what's looking back at you is a process...
I think Nel JUST realized how proud she was of herself and who she is when she saw how pretty her grandmother and mother was. Although she thought her grandmother was strange & bizarre, Nel is coming to sort of a self realization. The way people talk about the "town whores" and stuff reminds me of my hometown and how its so small that EVERYBODY knows your business. There's no use in even hiding it because if one person sees you, the whole town saw you. lol. I'm sitting in the computer room on the 1st floor right now thinking of something to say...I'm finding myself having to go back and actually read the damn chapter all over again because I forgot what happened in that specific chapter. My mind doesn't register things in sections like that. When I think about a book, I imagine everything as a whole. No cuts. Anyways...I kinda sorta understand the phase Nel was going through when she was standing in the mirror saying, "I'm me". I went through a similar situation when I was a little older than her. Trying to find myself and figure out who I was, or if I was unhappy, who I wanted to be. I don't know...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment