Thursday, July 18, 2013

Argumentative Essay

I think I do really good with argumentative essays. I love writing them because I always have very strong opinions about things and they're mainly based on my morals and values and the way I was raised. I try and do things and think about things in the right manner. I think literally and sometimes critically about certain topics. I try analyzing situations before just jumping to conclusions. I believe in giving things the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes I hate that I have such strong opinions about topics because then people think that I'm close-minded (which I've came to the realization that I am) or that I am old-fashioned or stuck in my ways (which, once again, I am). I grew up around a bunch of old people or senior citizens so I cant help but to think like I have some SENSE. I don't feel that I think like my peers. As far as common sense goes...sometimes it bothers me because I feel that I don't fit in with everyone and that I'm never understood, but then again, I guess I should be grateful that I do think the way I do. My thinking has saved me from a lot of dumb decisions that some of my peers have made. I've met very few people that think like me. Its hard. lol. But back to the argumentative essay...this shouldn't be too hard for me. Eight pages is quite a bit though I just may run out of things to talk about. Don't get me wrong, I can go on forever about something I believe strongly in like Absent Fathers. My father was absent from my life for 6 years. From the time when I was so little that I don't remember him leaving, up to my 5th grade in middle school. He was incarcerated and when he came back, I felt like I really didn't know who he was. Had we never received pictures of him from the prison I probably wouldn't have even known what he looked like. I would've walked right past him. I love my father and I'm ecstatic that he's back now but sometimes it feels like he's still "absent" because he's hardly ever around. The one thing that he told me a long time ago that has stuck with me is "Never be a follower. Always be a leader." That will stick with me for the rest of my life as long as I live. I really don't even know why that moved me so much.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment