1927 - Confusion.
I don't remember in the reading where it says Sula was going off to college at all. And there was no indication that Sula and Nel's friendship had fell off a little bit. Everything just started at the wedding party in Helene's house. I see now that weddings for people that lived in the Bottom didn't have to do with race, but rather your financial situation. I also thought that Sula was okay with Nel and her relationship where it was seeing as how at the end of the chapter it stated that Sula was smiling as she was leaving out of the party. It left me wondering where Sula was going too...and why she had to leave. I guess those are the same question cause wherever she was going is probably why she had to leave. I don't know what else to write about really. This chapter wasn't all that interesting to me and people ahead of me who have already finished the book said that it was a waste of time because nothing is explained at all. It ends stupidly. But since I really like Sula, I'm just going to continue reading it. I would like to find out for myself what happens in the end to everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment